Sunday, February 12, 2017

Bootleg Canyon - POW and Mother Trail - Boulder City, NV

Bootleg Canyon - POW and Mother Trail - Boulder City, NV


Bootleg Canyon is only 30 minutes from Henderson, NV in Boulder City. You can actually hike the trails that start in Henderson and hike up to Boulder city. These are mountain bike trails and you must watch out for bikers and get off the trail so they can pass.  Also try not to knock rocks down into the trails because they can be hazardous to bikers.

I started this hike at the trailhead near the Veterans Memorial Hospital. I followed the POW trail to the Mother trail going towards and behind the golf course which took about an hour to an hour and a half because I stopped a lot for pictures. I found a lone bighorn that didn't seem afraid of my presence. I was able to film it with my long lens with no problem. The bighorn sheep have been experiencing a decline because a pneumonia virus. This may be why this ewe seemed to be all by herself. The footage and stills were all filed within the three hours that I was on the trail this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment